FBI asking for help to identify protesters involved in Capitol violence
The FBI is asking for help identifying protesters involved in yesterday’s violence at the United States Capitol Building.
The Federal Bureau of Investigations is asking for tips, photos and videos of people involved in the violent activities that took place in Washington on Wednesday. FBI agents specifically asked for information on those involved in violence and who broke into the Capitol, forcing members of Congress to suspend their count of the Electoral College votes.
“The FBI is seeking information that will assist in identifying individuals who are actively instigating violence in Washington, DC,” they said.
“The FBI is accepting tips and digital media depicting rioting and violence in the U.S. Capitol Building and surrounding area in Washington, DC, on January 6, 2021.”
The Bureau also accepts phone calls at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324), or at tips.fbi.gov.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Residents shelter-in-place in Tooele as SWAT situation unfolds
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Natural Resources helicopter crashes in San Juan County, no injuries
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Crashes and bad weather cause traffic across Utah
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans