Pres. Trump will not attend inauguration
WASHINGTON — President Trump announced Friday morning that he is not planning to attend President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration.
“To those of you who have asked,” the president wrote on Twitter, “I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”
To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2021
President Trump will become only the fourth president to be absent from their successor’s inauguration. The last three presidents to refuse attendance were, President John Adams in 1801, John Quincy Adams in 1829, and most recently, Andrew Johnson in 1869.
This story is breaking and will be updated
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Iron County Care and Share
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Salt Lake shelters prepare for homeless influx amid COVID protocols
- January 6 committee unexpectedly adds new hearing for Tuesday
- Cottonwood Heights officer’s use of force not justified, no charges filed