Pres. Trump will not attend inauguration
WASHINGTON — President Trump announced Friday morning that he is not planning to attend President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration.
“To those of you who have asked,” the president wrote on Twitter, “I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”
To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2021
President Trump will become only the fourth president to be absent from their successor’s inauguration. The last three presidents to refuse attendance were, President John Adams in 1801, John Quincy Adams in 1829, and most recently, Andrew Johnson in 1869.
This story is breaking and will be updated
Today’s Top Stories
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure
- One person flees I-15 crash in Murray
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- ‘Fame’ and ‘Flashdance’ singer-actor Irene Cara dies at 63
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished