WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A Salt Lake City man is facing criminal charges after witnesses say they saw him skateboarding naked. The man allegedly showed up with clothes but was soon in nothing but his shoes.
According to a statement, the West Valley Police Department (WVPD) responded to calls of a naked man skateboarding in the presence of children.
Elvis Sabanagic, 29, was charged Wednesday in 3rd District Court with lewdness involving a child, a class A misdemeanor. Additionally, Sabanagic was charged with drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia, both class B misdemeanors.
On Tuesday, Sabanagic went to the West Valley Skate Plaza and witnesses told police he showed up with his clothes on. However, he then “stripped down naked in public, exposing his genitals in the presence of children who were under 14 years of age,” according to charging documents.
Approximately 30 to 40 people were at the park, some as young as 6 years old, the charges state.
Sabanagic was gone when WVPD arrived but multiple witnesses showed officers videos they had recorded on their cell phones.
Sabanagic was then located at nearby Centennial Park where he was arrested.
You may be interested:
- Delta places Romney hecklers on no-fly list (pageviews: 5873)
- What to watch as House moves to impeach Trump for 2nd time (pageviews: 1614)
- Contests (pageviews: 1592)
- Enter to win a pair of Apple Airpods! - KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1325)
- Gov. Cox declares state of emergency ahead of expected protests over the weekend (pageviews: 1287)
- VIDEO: Sen. Romney confronted by an angry passenger at the airport (pageviews: 905)
- Hey, Utahns over 70: Here's everything to know about getting your COVID-19 vaccine (pageviews: 808)
- McConnell rejects emergency session for trial (pageviews: 804)