New details in death of Alex Cox, suspect in the murders of missing Idaho children
SALT LAKE CITY — The Gilbert Arizona Police Department has released new information about the death of Alex Cox, one of the key suspects in the murders of Idaho children JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan.
Alex Cox, the children’s uncle, died in December of 2019, three months after Tylee and JJ’s murders.
Alex Cox linked to multiple death investigations
Previous police documents have also linked Cox to the deaths of Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, two other figures in the story of Tylee and JJ’s murders.
According to KSL TV, the new information details other criminal charges related to Cox before his involvement in the deaths of his niece and nephew, that he had been suffering with shortness of breath in the weeks before his death, and that on the day he died he received a telephone “blessing” from Chad Daybell.
Chad Daybell remains in jail after investigators found the remains of his stepchildren, Tylee and JJ, on his property in Rexburg, Idaho. He faces two felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration, or concealment of evidence and two felony counts of destruction, alteration, or concealment of evidence.
The children’s mother, Lori Vallow Daybell, pleaded not guilty to felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction and alteration or concealment of evidence. The court combined the two criminal cases ahead of their expected trial.
- A timeline of the missing Idaho children
- Idaho court rules to combine Chad and Lori Daybell trials
- Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child’s burial
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Five-planet alignment may be visible in Tuesday night’s sky
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Body of snowmobiler found following avalanche in Pole Canyon
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Utah psychiatrist peers into dark mind of school shooter
- Body found by passersby on southbound I-15 at 600 North
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Van bridge in place after S-Line loses power
- Gunfire with SWAT and seizure of narcotics leads to trafficker imprisonment