COVID-19 vaccinations available at certain Utah Walmart and Sam’s Club locations this week
SALT LAKE CITY — Walmart and Sam’s Clubs announced that Utahns will be able to get a COVID-19 vaccine at select store locations by the end of this week.
Utah is one of 22 states participating in a new program called the U.S. Federal Retail Pharmacy Program.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s website, “the U.S. Federal Retail Pharmacy Program is a collaboration between the federal government, states and territories, and 21 national pharmacy partners and independent pharmacy networks to increase access to COVID-19 vaccination across the United States.”
Those who are eligible, per state vaccine guidelines, can book appointments beginning February 12.
Right now, eligible groups in Utah include healthcare workers, long-term care facility staff and residents, first responders, individuals aged 70 and older, and K-12 teachers and school staff.
Walmart vaccine locations
Right now, only 18 of 59 Utah stores are in the program. Representatives from Walmart and Sam’s Club say they hope to add more stores as more vaccines become available.
Please click here for more information on how to sign up for the Sam’s Club and Walmart vaccine.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured