UPDATE: Tiger Woods injured in car accident
This story has been updated with new information, as we now know that Los Angeles County Firefighters did not require the ‘jaws of life’ to extricate Mr. Woods from the wreckage.
LOS ANGELES– Pro-golfer Tiger Woods sustained serious injuries in a rollover car accident Tuesday, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (LASD).
Wood’s agent, Mark Steinberg, outlined the extent of the injuries shortly after the police confirmed the identity of the victim.
“Tiger Woods was in a single-car accident this morning in California where he suffered multiple leg injuries. He is currently in surgery and we thank you for your privacy and support,” said Steinberg.
Story updated with statement from Woods’ agent Mark Steinberg:
“Tiger Woods was in a single-car accident this morning in California where he suffered multiple leg injuries. He is currently in surgery and we thank you for your privacy and support.”https://t.co/z7kdbXOmLZ
— Daniel Rapaport (@Daniel_Rapaport) February 23, 2021
Authorities report the collision occurred around 7 a.m. PT on Tuesday morning in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, and Wood’s vehicle “sustained major damage.”
LASD has launched an investigation into the accident.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Lisa Garner has support of Draper mayor to become next city judge
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Attempted kidnapping of a minor near a Taylorsville school