SALT LAKE CITY – KSL NewsRadio talk show host Lee Lonsberry announced Friday he plans to leave the station to return to Washington and a new role in government.
Lonsberry’s last day as the host of his show, “Live Mic,” will come on Friday, Apr. 2, 2021. He leaves to become communications director for Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.
“It has been an honor and a privilege to get behind the mic each day and talk with Utahns about the issues most important to them,” Lonsberry said.
Lonsberry is no stranger to Washington or politics. Before hosting Live Mic with Lee Lonsberry on KSL, he served as communications director for Rep. Rob Bishop, who recently retired. Prior to that, Lonsberry produced the Doug Wright Show on KSL, putting him in constant contact with politicians and newsmakers.
KSL has not yet announced its plans for Live Mic’s 12:30 – 3 p.m. weekday time slot. But Tanya Vea, Senior Vice President/General Manager for Bonneville Salt Lake City, which operates KSL NewsRadio, said Lonsberry will be missed.
“During the last year, Lee has handled some of our community’s most important issues including the outbreak of the coronavirus, protests in Salt Lake City, and the historic fall elections,” Vea said. “He brought insight to these issues and important guests to respond to them. We wish Lee well in his new role.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Verdict reached in trial of Derek Chauvin, accused of killing George Floyd
- Opinion: A Former Coachman’s Waitress Says Farewell
- Dr. Angela Dunn to leave state health department for Salt Lake County
- More than 500k Utahns qualify for ‘zero-dollar,’ lower premium health care plans
- Utah State University football player faces 8 charges, including rape
- Do You Suffer From Intimacy Pain, Pressure, or Leaking? Here Are 7 Ways You Can Get Relief…
- Pandemic child abuse reports down, but Utah cases did not go away
- Looking for Something Fun to do With Your Whole Family? 3 Fun Things To Do in Logan Utah
- Face masks required in Utah national parks, but not in all gateway cities
- Dogecoin jumps 20% as crypto fans declare Doge Day