SALT LAKE CITY — The number of student applications to the University of Utah are still going up, according to Steve Robinson, associate vice-president for enrollment.
Robinson says the rising number of student applications may be partly due to students applying to more colleges than they normally would. The FAFSA financial aid forms submitted by students as they apply are also increasing at the U, though Robinson says that’s not the case everywhere.
He said, “We’re up significantly among new students than we were at this same point last year,” he says, “and we know nationally, that number is down about 9%.”
Across the country, USA Today reports the number of financial aid forms submitted by low-income students has dropped about 12% and by more than 14% among students of color.
Students are required to make a commitment t0 attend one of the colleges where they have been accepted on May 1st.
Robinson says, “We’ll know a lot more at that point about what our class is going to look like, but right now, it’s looking pretty positive.”
The University of Utah set a record last fall with the largest freshman class in its history with 4,483 students.
- U of U professor creates COVID-19 test that can return results in a minute
- COVID long haulers get a boost from University of Utah research
- Utah Board of Higher Ed. names interim University of Utah President
Today’s Top Stories
- Opinion: A Former Coachman’s Waitress Says Farewell
- Do You Suffer From Intimacy Pain, Pressure, or Leaking? Here Are 7 Ways You Can Get Relief…
- Pandemic child abuse reports down, but Utah cases did not go away
- More than 500k Utahns qualify for ‘zero-dollar,’ lower premium health care plans
- Looking for Something Fun to do With Your Whole Family? 3 Fun Things To Do in Logan Utah
- What is an accessory dwelling unit? How ADU’s can help your finances, future, and your…
- Dogecoin jumps 20% as crypto fans declare Doge Day
- Utah leaders call for peace following verdict in Chauvin trial
- Senators Romney and Lee sign letter to oppose lifting ban on earmarks
- Don’t run out of money in your retirement | Potential retirement solutions to help you…