US Marshals arrest Dallas murder suspect in West Jordan
WEST JORDAN, Utah — The US Marshals North Texas Violent Fugitive Task Force, in conjunction with Dallas PD and the West Jordan Police Department, arrested a Texas man accused in a murder case out of the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.
The man accused in the Dallas murder is Charles Anthony Beltran, 31, who faces a capital murder charge in the murder of Marisela Botello Valadez, presumably sometime last fall.
All three law enforcement agencies announced the arrest late Friday. Dallas police said the arrest took place without incident.
Dallas murder victim was Seattle resident
The murder victim, Valadez, 23, was from Seattle. She went missing in October 2020.
According to the Dallas Police Department website, authorities say Valadez’s remains were found in a wooded area in Wilmer, Texas, south of Dallas, on March 24.
Two other suspects accused in the case were arrested in Florida last month. Police identified them as Nina Marano, 49, and Lisa Dykes, 57.
- Former Salt Lake City police officer arrested in connection with Jan. 6 riot at U.S. Capitol
- Police make sixth arrest in the kidnapping and murder of Kearns woman
- Remains of missing, murdered Kearns woman found
- U.S. Marshals are finding more guns on wanted fugitives in Utah
Today’s Top Stories
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- One dead after four-vehicles crash on U.S. Highway-40
- Lawyers say new Petito photos prove Moab Police ignored evidence of abuse
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah gas prices spike, Governor blames regional supply
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high