WEST JORDAN, Utah — The US Marshals North Texas Violent Fugitive Task Force, in conjunction with Dallas PD and the West Jordan Police Department, arrested a Texas man accused in a murder case out of the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.
The man accused in the Dallas murder is Charles Anthony Beltran, 31, who faces a capital murder charge in the murder of Marisela Botello Valadez, presumably sometime last fall.
All three law enforcement agencies announced the arrest late Friday. Dallas police said the arrest took place without incident.
Dallas murder victim was Seattle resident
The murder victim, Valadez, 23, was from Seattle. She went missing in October 2020.
According to the Dallas Police Department website, authorities say Valadez’s remains were found in a wooded area in Wilmer, Texas, south of Dallas, on March 24.
Two other suspects accused in the case were arrested in Florida last month. Police identified them as Nina Marano, 49, and Lisa Dykes, 57.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Verdict is in: Chauvin guilty of George Floyd’s death
- Opinion: A Former Coachman’s Waitress Says Farewell
- Dr. Angela Dunn to leave state health department for Salt Lake County
- More than 500k Utahns qualify for ‘zero-dollar,’ lower premium health care plans
- Utah State University football player faces 8 charges, including rape
- Utah health leaders predict increase in COVID-19 cases
- Do You Suffer From Intimacy Pain, Pressure, or Leaking? Here Are 7 Ways You Can Get Relief…
- Pandemic child abuse reports down, but Utah cases did not go away
- Face masks required in Utah national parks, but not in all gateway cities
- Dogecoin jumps 20% as crypto fans declare Doge Day