US Marshals arrest Dallas murder suspect in West Jordan
WEST JORDAN, Utah — The US Marshals North Texas Violent Fugitive Task Force, in conjunction with Dallas PD and the West Jordan Police Department, arrested a Texas man accused in a murder case out of the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.
The man accused in the Dallas murder is Charles Anthony Beltran, 31, who faces a capital murder charge in the murder of Marisela Botello Valadez, presumably sometime last fall.
All three law enforcement agencies announced the arrest late Friday. Dallas police said the arrest took place without incident.
Dallas murder victim was Seattle resident
The murder victim, Valadez, 23, was from Seattle. She went missing in October 2020.
According to the Dallas Police Department website, authorities say Valadez’s remains were found in a wooded area in Wilmer, Texas, south of Dallas, on March 24.
Two other suspects accused in the case were arrested in Florida last month. Police identified them as Nina Marano, 49, and Lisa Dykes, 57.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Storms blast southern Utah, flash flooding possible
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights