New Amazon Delivery station in Marriott-Slaterville
MARRIOT-SLATERVILLE, Utah — Online shopping and delivery giant Amazon announced Thursday they plan on opening a new delivery station in Marriott-Slaterville.
They say the new 150,000 square foot facility will open at 1650 West and I-84, northwest of Ogden.
Amazon said this facility is part of their network of over 250 delivery stations in the U.S. “that power the last mile of Amazon’s order process, helping to ensure packages get to customers as promised.”
Ben Anderson, General Manager of Amazon’s new fulfillment center in West Jordan, said this is part of Amazon’s continued investment in the Beehive State.
“More than 21,000 small and medium-sized business sellers and independent authors are currently growing their businesses with Amazon in Utah,” he said.
“Our growing network of delivery stations here also provides opportunities for entrepreneurs to launch new delivery service businesses in partnership with Amazon.”
Across the state, the company currently operates three fulfillment centers, one sort center, and three delivery stations. Additionally, Amazon said there are plans to launch two new delivery stations later this year and another in early 2022.
The Amazon station in Marriott-Slaterville is expected to open early next year and Amazon said they’ll be looking to hire “hundreds of new full-time and part-time associate jobs,” as well as “hundreds of driver opportunities through Amazon’s Delivery Service Partners and Amazon Flex.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- DWR officials taking steps to protect California condors
- Storms blast southern Utah, flash flooding possible