SALT LAKE CTIY — There is a new option for those who want to recycle glass in southern Davis County. Momentum Recycling now offers curbside pick-up for glass.
In the past, curbside pickup for glass has proven difficult because glass can break and affect the paper, cardboard, and other recyclable items if they are sharing a recycling bin.
The new curbside service will cost $8 per month and is available for residents of West Bountiful, Bountiful, Woods Cross, and North Salt Lake. The glass recycling will be picked up once a month.
On their web page the for-profit company said it hopes to begin signing on cities in the northern part of Davis County and, eventually, in Ogden.
Ogden residents did not have a recycling option for the last ten months of 2020 due to a disagreement with Recycled Earth, Ogden’s recycling provider. But the Standard Examiner reports that recycling resumed in January. During the previous ten months, recycling bins were emptied but the waste was taken to a landfill.
Today’s Top Stories
- A two-vehicle accident in northern Utah claims one life
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Fire burning at old Diamond Lil’s, set for destruction on Sunday
- Board of Education to investigate Cline post on Racial Healing Group
- Police say witness beat up minister for inappropriately touching a child at an OK bus stop
- Utah Jazz require COVID-19 vaccine or negative test for fans, new rule sparks heated reaction
- Utah Jazz add Holly Rowe to TV broadcast team
- Utah man has sights on a record-breaking pumpkin
- Boyfriend of slain Gabby Petito charged with bank card fraud
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released