Glass recycling comes to southern Davis County in form of monthly pickup
SALT LAKE CTIY — There is a new option for those who want to recycle glass in southern Davis County. Momentum Recycling now offers curbside pick-up for glass.
In the past, curbside pickup for glass has proven difficult because glass can break and affect the paper, cardboard, and other recyclable items if they are sharing a recycling bin.
The new curbside service will cost $8 per month and is available for residents of West Bountiful, Bountiful, Woods Cross, and North Salt Lake. The glass recycling will be picked up once a month.
On their web page the for-profit company said it hopes to begin signing on cities in the northern part of Davis County and, eventually, in Ogden.
Ogden residents did not have a recycling option for the last ten months of 2020 due to a disagreement with Recycled Earth, Ogden’s recycling provider. But the Standard Examiner reports that recycling resumed in January. During the previous ten months, recycling bins were emptied but the waste was taken to a landfill.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- Direct selling and the big impact it has on the Utah economy
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Quantum computing of “great concern” to Rep. Chris Stewart, here’s why
- Unified Police looking for missing teen from Holladay
- Utah experiences another interesting day of weather
- New fire ignites in Spring Canyon in Carbon County
- Sandy Police are investigating the vandalism of six church buildings
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Lawmakers embrace hackers in Vegas as 2020 election looms