First Lady Jill Biden expected in Utah this week, first trip as first lady
SALT LAKE CITY — First Lady Jill Biden begins a multi-state trip to Western states this week, and she is expected in Utah on Wednesday.
She is also expected to visit Las Vegas, Nevada, and Fort Carson, Colorado on this trip.
While there is no official word about the purpose of the visit, Mrs. Biden has promoted President Biden’s spending packages on visits to other states.
Mrs. Biden has been to Utah before, namely when she campaigned for then-candidate Biden in January 2020. She also visited Utah in 2012 on a fundraising trip for President Obama.
She visited a small grade school in an area of the Navajo Nation in Arizona last week.
The scheduled stop on Wednesday will be Mrs. Biden’s first visit to the Beehive State as the first lady.
The first lady has previously stated that that assistance for military families will be one of her priorities as FLOTUS, with a focus on employment, entrepreneurship, military child education, and health and well-being.
The Associated Press contributed.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says