SALT LAKE CITY — First Lady Jill Biden begins a multi-state trip to Western states this week, and she is expected in Utah on Wednesday.
She is also expected to visit Las Vegas, Nevada, and Fort Carson, Colorado on this trip.
While there is no official word about the purpose of the visit, Mrs. Biden has promoted President Biden’s spending packages on visits to other states.
Mrs. Biden has been to Utah before, namely when she campaigned for then-candidate Biden in January 2020. She also visited Utah in 2012 on a fundraising trip for President Obama.
She visited a small grade school in an area of the Navajo Nation in Arizona last week.
The scheduled stop on Wednesday will be Mrs. Biden’s first visit to the Beehive State as the first lady.
The first lady has previously stated that that assistance for military families will be one of her priorities as FLOTUS, with a focus on employment, entrepreneurship, military child education, and health and well-being.
The Associated Press contributed.
Today’s Top Stories
- These school districts will not require masks for the final week of this school year
- Emergency order extended for drought, Utah Farm Bureau praying for rain
- One person dead, firefighter hurt in suspicious Bountiful house fire
- New poll shows majority of Utahns are concerned about housing market
- Several pigs dead after falling out of trailer on freeway
- House Republicans vote to make Elise Stefanik conference chair replacing Liz Cheney
- No masks required for the last week of school, Governor Cox says
- Sen. Romney and Rep. Curtis push bill that sets aside land in Illinois amid ‘land grab’
- Is it time to change careers? 41% of workers are considering it.
- Where to get a vaccine in Utah for 12 to 15 year olds