Utah congressional delegation sends well wishes to President, First Lady
SALT LAKE CITY — Members of Utah’s congressional delegation are sending their thoughts and prayers to President Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, and Utah Sen. Mike Lee (R), who have all tested positive for COVID-19.
President Trump revealed his and the first lady’s diagnoses in an early morning tweet on Friday.
A few hours later, Lee also tweeted that he had also tested positive for COVID-19.
“Yesterday morning, I was experiencing symptoms consistent with longtime allergies. Out of an abundance of caution, I sought medical advice and was tested for COVID-19,” Lee tweeted.
That test came back positive.
Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, tweeted his well wishes to the president.
“Ann and I wish the President and First Lady a swift and complete recovery. Our prayers are with them and all the others who have been afflicted with illness,” Romney tweeted.
And to Lee.
“Wishing my friend @SenMikeLee a speedy recovery,” Romney wrote.
Congressman Ben McAdams, D-Utah, who had the virus earlier this year, and Congressman John Curtis, R-Utah, also sent their well wishes for a speedy recovery to the first family and Senator Lee.
Romney, Curtis, and McAdams also used the announcements to encourage Utahns to wear masks and follow public health guidelines.
“As Utah continues to see high numbers of new cases, I encourage all Utahns to continue following public health guidance, including wearing masks and practicing proper social distancing” Romney tweeted.
“Wash your hands, wear your mask, and stay home if sick!” Curtis tweeted.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…