Police chase in Heber City ends with arrest of felony fugitive
HEBER CITY, Utah — A man wanted on a felony warrant led Heber City police on a chase Saturday afternoon.
It began when officers said they located Pacheco in the Greenfield Circle area of Heber and attempted a traffic stop. Pacheco was wanted for fleeing and possession of a weapon by a restricted person.
Pacheco fled the traffic stop, police said, and later intentionally crashed into two police vehicles that were occupied by officers at the time.
He then crashed into a residential fence.
But he fled onto Airport Road and Baxter drive, where he was taken into custody.
Pacheco faces charges of felony fleeing, aggravated assault on an officer, narcotics and traffic offenses, as well as the original warrant.
In a statement, Heber City Police said they are grateful that nobody was injured in the pursuit of the suspect, and they thanked all assisting agencies that participated in Pacheco’s apprehension.
Today’s Top Stories
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Opinion: The long and winding road to the championship