Police chase in Heber City ends with arrest of felony fugitive
HEBER CITY, Utah — A man wanted on a felony warrant led Heber City police on a chase Saturday afternoon.
It began when officers said they located Pacheco in the Greenfield Circle area of Heber and attempted a traffic stop. Pacheco was wanted for fleeing and possession of a weapon by a restricted person.
Pacheco fled the traffic stop, police said, and later intentionally crashed into two police vehicles that were occupied by officers at the time.
He then crashed into a residential fence.
But he fled onto Airport Road and Baxter drive, where he was taken into custody.
Pacheco faces charges of felony fleeing, aggravated assault on an officer, narcotics and traffic offenses, as well as the original warrant.
In a statement, Heber City Police said they are grateful that nobody was injured in the pursuit of the suspect, and they thanked all assisting agencies that participated in Pacheco’s apprehension.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Florida judge allows lawsuit filed by Gabby Petito’s parents against Brian…