ATV side-by-side accident leads to death of teen near St. George
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A teenager involved in an ATV side-by-side accident in Warner Valley on Friday has died from his injuries.
Washington County Sheriff’s Sgt. Darrell Cashin said the teen was on a camping trip with his father, brother, and another teenager.
According to St. George News, the teenagers were operating the ATV in the Purple Hills area of Warner Valley, described as a remote area 600 feet north of Warner Valley Road.
The driver was ejected, and the ATV side-by-side rolled on top of him.
The teen was treated at the scene by first responders and Intermountain Life Flight, before he was transported to St. George Regional Hospital.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Head on collision reported, State Route 73 closure
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- LGBTQ advocacy groups to file lawsuit over Utah’s transgender-related surgery law
- Officer-involved shooting in Iron County
- Crash in Uintah County claims the life of a 19-year-old man
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk