Deer Creek State Park boat ramp to close for maintenance
WALLSBURG, Utah — The boat ramp at the main entrance to Deer Creek State Park (Park) will close on June 2, as will Sailboat Beach and the dry storage areas.
In a statement, park officials said the closure is for maintenance and is temporary. And they said parking will also be impacted.
“These temporary closures will allow maintenance crews to apply asphalt slurry seal and striping to the areas,” the Park’s statement read. “While the boat ramp is expected to reopen on June 3, access and parking in the area will be extremely limited as crews will be finalizing the project.”
The closure is only expected to last through June 4, but those who use Deer Creek State Park are asked to monitor the park’s social media accounts for updates.
Park officials said the work will help “preserve and protect” the pavement at the boat ramp and keep traffic flowing at a “manageable pace” in the area.
If you were planning to launch a boat during the temporary closure, another launch is available at the open boat ramp in the Island Beach day-use area.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Speeches, silence, during Pro-Life Utah memorial at the Capitol
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- Empowering Latina moms to find a place in STEM, despite barriers
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Easy houseplants for beginning gardeners or pros