WALLSBURG, Utah — The boat ramp at the main entrance to Deer Creek State Park (Park) will close on June 2, as will Sailboat Beach and the dry storage areas.
In a statement, park officials said the closure is for maintenance and is temporary. And they said parking will also be impacted.
“These temporary closures will allow maintenance crews to apply asphalt slurry seal and striping to the areas,” the Park’s statement read. “While the boat ramp is expected to reopen on June 3, access and parking in the area will be extremely limited as crews will be finalizing the project.”
The closure is only expected to last through June 4, but those who use Deer Creek State Park are asked to monitor the park’s social media accounts for updates.
Park officials said the work will help “preserve and protect” the pavement at the boat ramp and keep traffic flowing at a “manageable pace” in the area.
If you were planning to launch a boat during the temporary closure, another launch is available at the open boat ramp in the Island Beach day-use area.
Today’s Top Stories
- What may be in that notebook belonging to Brian Laundrie?
- FBI: Dental records show that remains are Laundrie’s
- Canyons School District returns to remote-learning Fridays
- Skywest flights grounded by technical problems
- Salt Lake City IT employee arrested, accused of working with human trafficker
- Tom Little – Lakeview Elementary School
- Gabby Petito timeline: Her summer trip, disappearance, and murder
- Analysts say investigators ‘missed opportunities’ in Gabby Petito investigation
- Concealed firearm permit applications drop after new Utah law takes effect
- Lawmakers want audit of Utah election results, state leaders say no statewide fraud