Deer Creek State Park boat ramp to close for maintenance
WALLSBURG, Utah — The boat ramp at the main entrance to Deer Creek State Park (Park) will close on June 2, as will Sailboat Beach and the dry storage areas.
In a statement, park officials said the closure is for maintenance and is temporary. And they said parking will also be impacted.
“These temporary closures will allow maintenance crews to apply asphalt slurry seal and striping to the areas,” the Park’s statement read. “While the boat ramp is expected to reopen on June 3, access and parking in the area will be extremely limited as crews will be finalizing the project.”
The closure is only expected to last through June 4, but those who use Deer Creek State Park are asked to monitor the park’s social media accounts for updates.
Park officials said the work will help “preserve and protect” the pavement at the boat ramp and keep traffic flowing at a “manageable pace” in the area.
If you were planning to launch a boat during the temporary closure, another launch is available at the open boat ramp in the Island Beach day-use area.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- 300 W., North Temple intersection closed after crash involving UTA bus
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Heat causing road problems, UDOT hopes public can help
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Taylorsville police release details on suspected murder-suicide
- Some veterans affected by fireworks