SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz star Donovan Mitchell is set to play in Wednesday’s game two in the NBA Playoffs against the Memphis Grizzlies at Vivint Arena. But Monday he addressed his frustration over being sat for Sunday’s game one.
“I was definitely frustrated and upset that I wasn’t able to play. I’m a competitor. I felt I was ready to go.” Mitchell said to reporters Monday.
Mitchell frustrated over benching before Grizzlies matchup
The Jazz training staff made the call to scratch Mitchell just before Sunday’s game one.
“I didn’t expect it, but I’m not a doctor,” he said.
He says he was told about the decision just before the game, and it wasn’t because of one glaring issue with his right ankle.
“Nothing that looked alarming, I will say that. I’m not dragging my right foot along. But no, it was just a bunch of different things [and] they didn’t feel like I was ready,” he said.
But he said part of his frustration was because he felt like he let down his teammates.
“It was unfair to, you know, my team, I was like man I feel like I let them down in a sense. You know, when you’re not there for them in a playoff game. That probably hurts me more than anything else.”
Read more: Mitchell unhappy with game one scratch
Game two is on Wednesday night in Salt Lake City. It will mark the first time in over a month that Mitchell will suit up for the Jazz after missing the last 17 games with a severe ankle sprain.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Arizona couple drowns at Deer Creek Reservoir, neither wearing life vest
- Father drowns at Pineview trying to retrieve son
- How the 2020 recession in the US is affecting Americans in 2021 and into the future –…
- Utah Adventures Are Waiting for Your Student | Experience One of the Best Summer School…
- 7 things you didn’t know about ketamines for pain, depression, stress, and recovery…
- 6 common questions about treasury management services
- Cedar City Utah is your next weekend vacation | 6 awesome outdoor adventures you and your…
- John Stockton, Jazz legend, appears in anti-vaccine documentary trailer
- Southeastern Idaho has surprising and fun adventures for the whole family and you need to…
- School suspends social media accounts, district investigates reason for leaving student out…