SALT LAKE CITY — When the Jazz face off against the Memphis Grizzlies for game 2 of their NBA playoffs series Wednesday, former player Thurl Bailey predicts you will see a much different team.
The Utah Jazz lost game 1 Sunday by 3 points.
Thurl Bailey, now an analyst and the host of a KSL Podcast, believes the team will come back stronger than before.
“This is the playoffs,” Bailey said on KSL’s UnRivaled on KSL NewsRadio Tuesday night. “A whole different mindset, right? The same time. Not a whole lot’s gonna change. It’s a game, dude. You get out there and you play long enough, you thrive off the energy, you create the energy yourself. It’s going to be a totally different Jazz team.”
Thurl Bailey on the Mitchell effect
Guard Donovan Mitchell, who missed game 1 as well the end of the regular season with an ankle injury, returns to the floor Wednesday. Bailey said that’s good news.
“I think Donovan is — he’s at the stage of his career now where I think he can — he can survey, right? He’s become a better playmaker, so it’s not just, you know, one-on-one, get to the basket or just pull up. I think he’s been able to gauge when he needs to assert himself more,” Bailey said. “I expect him to stay with the system, right? and then assert himself when he needs to on both ends of the court, not try to, you know, do it all at once.”
According to Thurl Bailey, the return of Donovan Mitchell could mean renewed energy for the team as a whole.
“The greatest story sometimes is how you bounce back from it,” he said.
But Bailey doesn’t think Mitchell is the only reason the Jazz lost game 1 to the Grizzlies.
“They distracted the Jazz and really took advantage of it,” Bailey said.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Arizona couple drowns at Deer Creek Reservoir, neither wearing life vest
- Father drowns at Pineview trying to retrieve son
- Utah Adventures Are Waiting for Your Student | Experience One of the Best Summer School…
- 7 things you didn’t know about ketamines for pain, depression, stress, and recovery…
- 6 common questions about treasury management services
- How the 2020 recession in the US is affecting Americans in 2021 and into the future –…
- School suspends social media accounts, district investigates reason for leaving student out…
- Cedar City Utah is your next weekend vacation | 6 awesome outdoor adventures you and your…
- Salt Lake officer-involved shooting deemed as justified
- John Stockton, Jazz legend, appears in anti-vaccine documentary trailer