University of Utah announces plan for full-capacity stadium for 2021 season
SALT LAKE CITY – The University of Utah athletic program officially announced its plans for a full-capacity stadium for the 2021 football season.
Athletic Director, Mark Harlan, says the program is happy to make the announcement with all that has happened in the past year.
“We are incredibly excited to be planning for a sold-out, full-capacity environment at Rice-Eccles Stadium for the 2021 football season,” said Mark Harlan, Director of Athletics. “We are so grateful for our passionate, loyal fans, who have stood by us and supported our department through a very challenging time.
“I’m also thrilled for our student-athletes, coaches and staff, who have worked so hard and maintained a high standard throughout everything, and will again be able to experience the roar of the home crowd. We can’t wait for Sept. 2 when we open the expanded Rice-Eccles Stadium and unveil the Ken Garff Performance Zone with 51,444 in the building.”
The Utes’ season opener is at home when it faces in-state foe Weber State. For more coverage on the upcoming season check out KSL Sports.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child’s burial
- Sacheen Littlefeather, Native American activist and actress, dead at 75