UPDATE: Brush fire out, some power still out in St. George
ST. GEORGE — A brush fire that started near the Red Hills Golf Course in St. George, Utah Sunday afternoon also led to a small explosion.
By early Sunday evening, St. George city officials said the fire was out and that crews continued to work potential hotspots.
The St. George energy services department was reportedly working to restore power to customers who lost it during the fire.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- Layton man taken into custody for allegedly recording women in restroom
- Demolition begins at the old Utah State Prison in Draper
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?