On a top ten list of surging home prices in the US… is Ogden?
OGDEN, Utah — A new list of the hottest housing markets in the United States lists the greater Ogden area as a community where home prices have jumped a lot.
The median sale price is $365,000, which is 57% more than just four years ago. Experts say it usually takes around 10 years to see a jump in price that size.
And when a house goes on the market it sells fast, in around 25 days.
USA Today lists Ogden among its top ten for rising home prices, alongside Boise, Idaho; Stockton, California; and Spokane, Washington. The paper reports Boise in particular attracts a lot of people moving out of big California cities, looking for a more affordable place to live with things to do nearby. Median prices there rose 72% since 2017.
- Priced Out: Utah homeowners see value increase, while options decrease
- Affordable housing project in South Jordan brings homes to nine families
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Lisa Garner has support of Draper mayor to become next city judge
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Attempted kidnapping of a minor near a Taylorsville school