OGDEN, Utah — A new list of the hottest housing markets in the United States lists the greater Ogden area as a community where home prices have jumped a lot.
The median sale price is $365,000, which is 57% more than just four years ago. Experts say it usually takes around 10 years to see a jump in price that size.
And when a house goes on the market it sells fast, in around 25 days.
USA Today lists Ogden among its top ten for rising home prices, alongside Boise, Idaho; Stockton, California; and Spokane, Washington. The paper reports Boise in particular attracts a lot of people moving out of big California cities, looking for a more affordable place to live with things to do nearby. Median prices there rose 72% since 2017.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- First Presidency urge masks be worn at all times in temples
- Family of former BYU and NFL player wins lawsuit against blinds manufacturer
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
- Don’t second-guess Moab police in Gabby Petito case, says lawyer
- Body recovered, half-brother sought around Yellowstone lake
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- A cyclist in Roy is in critical condition after being run over multiple times
- Woman dead, man hurt after police chase and crash in Summit County
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints won’t provide vaccine exemptions