Arrest made in connection to fatal shooting at graduation party, police looking for 3 more suspects
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah– One person is under arrest in connection to a fatal shooting at a graduation party that left a 19-year-old man dead. The shooting happened near 1450 West and 11400 South in South Jordan.
Officers say there was a fight between two groups at the party. Four people involved in the fight were leaving when one of them fired 13 shots from a handgun. Kelly Glaubensklee was hit in the chest by one of the shots. He was taken to a hospital, where he died. No one else was injured by the gunfire.
Police still looking for suspects
South Jordan Police Lieutenant Matt Pennington says they have one of the four suspects in custody.
“Got a 17-year-old that’s in custody right now. We’re still looking for three other male individuals that were in the vehicle with him.”
Pennington says one of the three they’re still looking for is the suspected shooter. They’re asking for help from the public.
“We’re still trying to identify who the shooter was. Call us and help us resolve this so that we can get to the end of our investigation and hopefully give the family some sense of closure.”
If anyone has information about this incident, you are asked to contact the South Jordan Police Department at 801-840-4000.
Fundraiser in wake of the fatal shooting at a graduation
Kelly Glaubensklee was a 2020 graduate of Jordan High School. A GoFundMe page posted by friends of the victim says “Kelly was one of a kind. He walked this Earth with his head held high and a smile that could fix just about anything. He was big and tough but as soon as he grinned you could see that he had the sweetest heart,” the fundraising account said.”
So far, the GoFundMe account has raised more than $19,000 toward a goal of $25,000 to help the family with funeral expenses.
KSL Newsradio cannot assure that money donated to a GoFundMe account will be applied in the manner indicated in the request for funds. If you are considering making a deposit to the account, please proceed at your own risk.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah