Update: Officer hurt in accident on NB I-15 in stable condition
SALT LAKE CITY — Update: A new update from Trooper Chris Bishop confirms that the officer who was involved in the accident this morning was sent to the hospital in critical condition but has now been upgraded to stable condition.
The accident closed all lanes of the freeway for about two hours Saturday morning.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
One person is hurt from a one-car accident Saturday morning on NB I-15 involving a Utah Highway Patrol (UPD) vehicle.
The Utah Department of Transportation says the freeway has been closed at 1600 South and diverted on to I-80 East/2100 S Collector for a couple of hours early Saturday.
UPD Trooper Chris Bishop says one officer was transported from the accident to the hospital with injuries. He has no information as of 8:45 a.m. on the officer’s condition.
Traffic has begun to flow again on I-15 in that area as of 9 a.m.
Listen to KSL Newsradio for updates.
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- Layton man taken into custody for allegedly recording women in restroom
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?
- Demolition begins at the old Utah State Prison in Draper