Two dead in car vs motorcycle crash in Milford
MILFORD, Utah — Two people have died after a car vs motorcyle crash in Milford, Utah late Monday
The accident happened at 9:30pm Monday night on Main Street near 400 South. Witnesses say both a blue Pontiac Grand Prix and a Honda motorcycle were traveling at high rates of speed when they lost control.
UHP said they were traveling northbound when the Pontiac spun around, went off the roadway, hit a light pole and crash into a building before stopping in the southbound lanes.
The female driver and male passenger in the car both died at the scene. UHP said neither were wearing a seatbelt.
Double fatal crash in Milford Utah. At about 9:30 pm, a vehicle and motorcycle were traveling down Main Street at a high rate of speed. The vehicle lost control and hit a building. The two occupants were killed. The motorcycle went down and the rider was transported to area hos.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) June 22, 2021
The motorcyclist was able to walk away from the crash with only minor injuries after he laid down his bike near the Pontiac.
Main Street in Milford was closed for 4-hours. Officials say impairment and speed are being investigated as contributing factors to the fatal accident. The names of the victims have not yet been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors