MILFORD, Utah — Two people have died after a car vs motorcyle crash in Milford, Utah late Monday
The accident happened at 9:30pm Monday night on Main Street near 400 South. Witnesses say both a blue Pontiac Grand Prix and a Honda motorcycle were traveling at high rates of speed when they lost control.
UHP said they were traveling northbound when the Pontiac spun around, went off the roadway, hit a light pole and crash into a building before stopping in the southbound lanes.
The female driver and male passenger in the car both died at the scene. UHP said neither were wearing a seatbelt.
Double fatal crash in Milford Utah. At about 9:30 pm, a vehicle and motorcycle were traveling down Main Street at a high rate of speed. The vehicle lost control and hit a building. The two occupants were killed. The motorcycle went down and the rider was transported to area hos.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) June 22, 2021
The motorcyclist was able to walk away from the crash with only minor injuries after he laid down his bike near the Pontiac.
Main Street in Milford was closed for 4-hours. Officials say impairment and speed are being investigated as contributing factors to the fatal accident. The names of the victims have not yet been released.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Pioneer Day Parade: Road closures, times, and how to watch
- Church missionaries killed in head-on collision
- Fun facts about the Olympics
- St. George police officer dead after a two-week battle with COVID-19
- How to watch every single event at the Tokyo Olympics
- To keep your green lawn during drought, listen to the pro
- West Jordan standoff between police and barricaded man
- Salt Lake City creates tiny home design contest as possible housing shortage solution
- Secondary water shutdown coming to parts of Davis and Weber Counties
- How the city of Mapleton managed to avoid a flooding disaster