Near drowning at Pineview Reservoir, victim flown to hospital
WEBER COUNTY, Utah — A near drowning occurred Sunday afternoon at Cemetery Point at Pineview Reservoir.
First responders from Weber County received a 911 call just after 1 p.m. reporting that a pair of brothers had gone into the water. The second man, a 25-year-old male, went into the reservoir after his brother never resurfaced.
The first man was found and pulled from the water. But officials said the second man did not resurface.
Bystanders were able to locate the second man and pulled him from the water. Weber County Sheriff’s Deputies took over lifesaving efforts until Weber Fire arrived.
It is estimated that the near drowning victim was in the water for 10 minutes.
First responders were able to resuscitate the victim, who was airlifted to an area hospital. He is reportedly in critical condition.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Hawaii’s Mauna Loa is erupting for the first time since 1984
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans