Near drowning at Pineview Reservoir, victim flown to hospital
WEBER COUNTY, Utah — A near drowning occurred Sunday afternoon at Cemetery Point at Pineview Reservoir.
First responders from Weber County received a 911 call just after 1 p.m. reporting that a pair of brothers had gone into the water. The second man, a 25-year-old male, went into the reservoir after his brother never resurfaced.
The first man was found and pulled from the water. But officials said the second man did not resurface.
Bystanders were able to locate the second man and pulled him from the water. Weber County Sheriff’s Deputies took over lifesaving efforts until Weber Fire arrived.
It is estimated that the near drowning victim was in the water for 10 minutes.
First responders were able to resuscitate the victim, who was airlifted to an area hospital. He is reportedly in critical condition.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man