Lori Vallow Daybell to face murder conspiracy charge in death of husband
PHOENIX, Ariz. — Lori Vallow Daybell, who faces murder charges in the deaths of two children in Idaho, now faces a charge of conspiracy to commit murder out of Arizona in the death of her fourth husband.
The conspiracy involving the husband of Lori Vallow
A grand jury indicted Lori Vallow Daybell in the death of Charles Vallow in July 2019. The charge, conspiracy to commit murder, alleges Lori Vallow conspired with her brother, Alex Cox, to kill her then-husband.
According to a news release from the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office, Cox called 911 on July 11, 2019 to report he shot and killed Charles Vallow, who died at the scene. Cox himself died in November 2019.
Death, a wedding, and two missing kids
Lori Vallow Daybell married Chad Daybell in Hawaii on Nov. 5, 2019. At that time, Lori Vallow Daybell’s children, Tylee Ryan, 16, and JJ Vallow, 7, had not been seen since September. Their bodies were found on property belonging to Chad Daybell in July 2020. Earlier this year, prosecutors filed murder charges against both Daybells related to the deaths of the children.
Shortly afterward, an Idaho judge found Lori Vallow Daybell unfit to stand trial and the justice system transferred her to a mental health facility.
ABC News: A string of family deaths surround tragedy of Lori Vallow’s children
Arizona prosecutors argue the conspiracy unfolded when Lori Vallow Daybell made an agreement with her brother “that at least one of them or another would engage in conduct constituting the offense of First Degree Murder,” according to the indictment.
Conspiracy to commit first-degree murder is a class 1 felony under Arizona law.
This story will be updated.
More coverage from KSL NewsRadio:
- A timeline of the missing Idaho children
- Lori Vallow committed to mental health facility in Idaho
- Chad Daybell pleads not guilty in new murder charges
- Lori Vallow found unfit to stand trial in Idaho
- Exclusive 3D model offers unique view of Daybell crime scene
- Transcript of Lori Daybell’s call to Chad Daybell on day of children’s discovery
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- BYU announces new president
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Bicyclist hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Salt Lake City
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Snow causing roofs to collapse across the state, expert offers helpful tips
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow