SALT LAKE CITY — Dozens of Utah firefighters comprising Utah Task Force Two left for Oregon on Sunday morning.
Utah Task Force Two is made up of 41 personnel from nine Utah agencies. The firefighters are headed to Oregon as part of an Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC) request.
The Utah Division of Emergency Management said the firefighters will be in Oregon for two weeks. Utah Task Force Two consists of firefighters from Unified Fire, Layton Fire, the Orem Fire Department, the Weber Fire District, the West Valley City Fire Department, the Lone Peak Fire District, Park City Fire, Murray Fire, and Draper City Fire.
They’ll be assisting the firefighters already in place trying to control the wildfires burning in the Pacific Northwest.
Utah Task Force Two joins 35 Type 1 and Type 2 incident management teams currently assigned to wildfires in the United States, according to the National Interagency Fire Center.
Utah firefighters are headed to Oregon for 2 weeks to help fight wildfires. Thank you for your service to a state in need:@FireAuthority @Layton_Fire @OremFire @WeberFireDist @wvcfd @lonepeakfire @PCFireDistrict @murrayfire @drapercity #EMAC cc: @NEMA_DC @NEMA_web pic.twitter.com/gTiTPi1CGl
— Utah Division of Emergency Management (Utah DEM) (@UtahEmergency) July 18, 2021
The largest fire burning in Oregon is 15 miles northwest of Beatty, Oregon. The Bootleg Fire has burned 290,000 acres in the Fremont-Winema National Forest.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police look for Laundrie in reserve; Petito still not found
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- Part of Lindon goes on lockdown as police look for suspect
- The latest in the case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Attorney: Person of interest in Gabby Petito case is now missing
- Breaking: Paraglider crash in Draper claims one life
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Destructive TikTok licks trend hits Utah schools
- Gabby Petito’s family and police urge her fiancé to come forward with any information…