Utah firefighters, Task Force Two, headed to Oregon
SALT LAKE CITY — Dozens of Utah firefighters comprising Utah Task Force Two left for Oregon on Sunday morning.
Utah Task Force Two is made up of 41 personnel from nine Utah agencies. The firefighters are headed to Oregon as part of an Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC) request.
The Utah Division of Emergency Management said the firefighters will be in Oregon for two weeks. Utah Task Force Two consists of firefighters from Unified Fire, Layton Fire, the Orem Fire Department, the Weber Fire District, the West Valley City Fire Department, the Lone Peak Fire District, Park City Fire, Murray Fire, and Draper City Fire.
They’ll be assisting the firefighters already in place trying to control the wildfires burning in the Pacific Northwest.
Utah Task Force Two joins 35 Type 1 and Type 2 incident management teams currently assigned to wildfires in the United States, according to the National Interagency Fire Center.
Utah firefighters are headed to Oregon for 2 weeks to help fight wildfires. Thank you for your service to a state in need:@FireAuthority @Layton_Fire @OremFire @WeberFireDist @wvcfd @lonepeakfire @PCFireDistrict @murrayfire @drapercity #EMAC cc: @NEMA_DC @NEMA_web pic.twitter.com/gTiTPi1CGl
— Utah Division of Emergency Management (Utah DEM) (@UtahEmergency) July 18, 2021
The largest fire burning in Oregon is 15 miles northwest of Beatty, Oregon. The Bootleg Fire has burned 290,000 acres in the Fremont-Winema National Forest.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen