Dangerous road rage situation after a Centerville traffic argument
CENTERVILLE, Utah — A traffic argument turned into a dangerous road rage situation Monday night. According to the Centerville Police Department, two men were angry after a driving incident in a Walmart parking lot.
Police said the two drivers are, a 44-year-old man driving a pickup truck and a 20-year-old man driving a mid-sized sedan. They say the two drove across a road to a Target parking lot where the argument escalated.
According to Centerville police, the 20-year-old man got out of his car and walked in front of the pickup truck driven by the 44-year-old man. The man in the pickup hit the gas and ran over the 20-year-old man and dragging him approximately 50 feet. That is when the driver of the pickup truck left the scene.
Both drivers were located by officers in Bountiful and admitted to being involved road rage situation, Centerville Police are still investigating as the drivers have differing stories.
Detectives from Centerville are going through surveillance videos and interviewing witnesses.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Back-to-back winter storms bring heavy snow, critical fire conditions to the West
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Moscow police say 6th person on lease isn’t involved in Idaho homicides
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane