PROVO, Utah — Access to Brigham Young University‘s academic website may depend on reporting your vaccine status. BYU is informing staff and students they will have until August 19th to report their status. Those who don’t report will have limited access to the University’s academic portal website, myBYU.
In a statement released by the University all students, staff and faculty need to report if they have received a vaccine or not. Provo is located in Utah County which is considered a high transmission region for COVID-19.
People who choose not to get vaccinated will have full access to the website, but only if they report the information.
In a statement issued on Monday, officials stated, “the increasing prevalence of the new COVID-19 delta variant is concerning and BYU takes seriously the physical health and safety of our campus community, including those who are immunocompromised.”
According to the statement the vaccine is not required. But having information on vaccination status will help in deciding which policies and procedures are needed for this upcoming Fall semester, such as requiring face masks.
BYU isn’t requiring staff and students get vaccinated… but campus officials want to know if you did get a COVID-19 shot, or not. pic.twitter.com/eGdUoVUfWl
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) August 3, 2021
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints owns BYU and is encouraging all its members to get vaccinated, if they’re able. President Russell M. Nelson calls the vaccine “a literal Godsend.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Police look for Laundrie in reserve; Petito still not found
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- Part of Lindon goes on lockdown as police look for suspect
- The latest in the case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Attorney: Person of interest in Gabby Petito case is now missing
- Breaking: Paraglider crash in Draper claims one life
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Destructive TikTok licks trend hits Utah schools
- Gabby Petito’s family and police urge her fiancé to come forward with any information…