PARK CITY, Utah — The Sundance Film Festival is welcoming back moviegoers in person for 2022, but you’ll need to be fully vaccinated to sit in a theater.
Organizers issued a statement saying, “One of our most important considerations is how best to safely bring together artists, audiences, volunteers, and staff from around the world.” The statement also said they want all those gathering in Park City to feel comfortable.
The 2022 Festival is scheduled to run from January 20 – 30th at several venues in Park City, the Sundance Mountain Resort and in Salt Lake City. Virtual programming for the Sundance Film Festival will also be available for those who can’t attend in person or are not vaccinated.
This year’s festival was completely virtual and gave Sundance its biggest audience to date; even with a shortened schedule due to the pandemic. So, organizers are hoping to capitalize on the streaming audience which saw more than 251,000 downloads from the offerings in 2021.
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) August 4, 2021
Today’s Top Stories
- Police look for Laundrie in reserve; Petito still not found
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- Part of Lindon goes on lockdown as police look for suspect
- The latest in the case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Attorney: Person of interest in Gabby Petito case is now missing
- Breaking: Paraglider crash in Draper claims one life
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Destructive TikTok licks trend hits Utah schools
- Gabby Petito’s family and police urge her fiancé to come forward with any information…