2022 Sundance Film Festival will be in person, theater showings open to vaccinated people
PARK CITY, Utah — The Sundance Film Festival is welcoming back moviegoers in person for 2022, but you’ll need to be fully vaccinated to sit in a theater.
Organizers issued a statement saying, “One of our most important considerations is how best to safely bring together artists, audiences, volunteers, and staff from around the world.” The statement also said they want all those gathering in Park City to feel comfortable.
The 2022 Festival is scheduled to run from January 20 – 30th at several venues in Park City, the Sundance Mountain Resort and in Salt Lake City. Virtual programming for the Sundance Film Festival will also be available for those who can’t attend in person or are not vaccinated.
This year’s festival was completely virtual and gave Sundance its biggest audience to date; even with a shortened schedule due to the pandemic. So, organizers are hoping to capitalize on the streaming audience which saw more than 251,000 downloads from the offerings in 2021.
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) August 4, 2021
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Parents, need a side hustle? The Murray School District is hiring
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Investigation continues after plane plunges into Lake Powell, killing 2
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- 4moms infant swings and rockers recalled over strangulation danger
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody