2022 Sundance Film Festival will be in person, theater showings open to vaccinated people
PARK CITY, Utah — The Sundance Film Festival is welcoming back moviegoers in person for 2022, but you’ll need to be fully vaccinated to sit in a theater.
Organizers issued a statement saying, “One of our most important considerations is how best to safely bring together artists, audiences, volunteers, and staff from around the world.” The statement also said they want all those gathering in Park City to feel comfortable.
The 2022 Festival is scheduled to run from January 20 – 30th at several venues in Park City, the Sundance Mountain Resort and in Salt Lake City. Virtual programming for the Sundance Film Festival will also be available for those who can’t attend in person or are not vaccinated.
This year’s festival was completely virtual and gave Sundance its biggest audience to date; even with a shortened schedule due to the pandemic. So, organizers are hoping to capitalize on the streaming audience which saw more than 251,000 downloads from the offerings in 2021.
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) August 4, 2021
Today’s Top Stories
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- Victim of early morning shooting in Draper identified, suspect still at large
- Child dies after hit and run in West Valley
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah Attorney General asks for permission to appeal trigger law injunction
- ‘So no one else gets hurt:’ Utah Democratic Party pushes for Davis suspension
- Canyons School District starting the year with a teacher and staff shortage
- Two Tooele houses struck by lightning in yesterday’s storm
- CEO and President of Intermountain Healthcare announces resignation
- Feds removed documents from Mar-a-Lago in June with grand jury subpoena