Chad Daybell waives right to speedy trial
REXBURG, Idaho — Chad Guy Daybell, who is accused of numerous crimes including the murders of his former wife Tammy Daybell, and the two children of his current wife has waived his right to a speedy trial.
“I Chad Daybell, the above-named Defendant hereby waive my statutory right to a speedy trial in the above-entitled proceeding,” court documents filed on Monday read.
Earlier this month, Idaho prosecutors announced that they are planning to seek the death penalty against Daybell.
Currently, Daybell faces 9 felony charges in Fremont County including three first-degree murder charges, criminal conspiracy, conspiracy to commit murder, and two charges of insurance fraud.
Daybell was arrested in June of 2020, just a mile from his home, after the remains of 7-year-old JJ Vallow and 16-year-old Tylee Ryan were found buried on his property. Both children were first reported missing in September of 2019. Daybell’s current wife, Lori Vallow Daybell, was arrested in February of 2020 on two felony counts of desertion and non-support of dependent children after she failed to physically produce JJ and Tylee.
Chad’s trial was scheduled to take place in November, but it will be up to the courts to decide if that will continue to be the case.
Read more: A timeline of the missing Idaho children
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- More than 3,400 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…