Police search for suspect after shooting in Liberty Park
SALT LAKE CITY – Salt Lake City police believe a homeless man may be responsible for a shooting at Liberty Park on Tuesday night.
It started when a fight broke out between two people. Police say a man stepped in to intervene in the fight and was hit in the head.
“The suspect struck the shooting victim in the head,” said Lt. Steve Wooldridge. “The victim went to the ground and then the victim was shot in the leg while he was on the ground.”
Wooldridge said the victim was hospitalized in serious condition.
The suspect is between the ages of 19 and 24 years. Police said he wore a dark hoodie and shorts. He was also wearing a backpack.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Letters from surviving roommates read at church memorial service for slain University of…
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Bob McGrath, original ‘Sesame Street’ cast member, dead at 90
- Elon Musk speaks out on ‘Twitter Files’ release detailing platform’s inner…
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral