CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Crash up Logan Canyon kills one person
LOGAN, Utah — A crash up Logan Canyon Saturday afternoon claimed the life of a motorcyclist.
The accident occurred near milepost 472 on U.S. Highway 89. It closed the highway in both directions for a time.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the incident happened as a motorcyclist, a male in his 50s, failed to negotiate a curve at milepost 471. When it came to a stop, the motorcycle was down in the lane of traffic going the opposite direction.
A short time later, the motorcyclist was struck by a trailer with cattle that was being pulled by a truck. The motorcyclist died at the scene. There were no other injuries reported in the accident.
The highway was reopened at 3:30 p.m.. The identity of the victim was not released.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Former Unified police chief discusses how police respond to copycat situations
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Ogden High School community reacts to active shooter hoax
- Utah’s online marriage licensing gets attention all over the world
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws