Crash up Logan Canyon kills one person
LOGAN, Utah — A crash up Logan Canyon Saturday afternoon claimed the life of a motorcyclist.
The accident occurred near milepost 472 on U.S. Highway 89. It closed the highway in both directions for a time.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the incident happened as a motorcyclist, a male in his 50s, failed to negotiate a curve at milepost 471. When it came to a stop, the motorcycle was down in the lane of traffic going the opposite direction.
A short time later, the motorcyclist was struck by a trailer with cattle that was being pulled by a truck. The motorcyclist died at the scene. There were no other injuries reported in the accident.
The highway was reopened at 3:30 p.m.. The identity of the victim was not released.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday’s Ballpark neighborhood shooting
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map