One dead in Salt Lake County motorcycle crash
SALT LAKE CITY — A motorcycle crash Friday night in Salt Lake County claimed one life.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the crash occurred eastbound on SR-201 at Redwood Road just before 8 p.m.
The motorcyclist attempted to take the right split to go southbound on Redwood Road. However, the motorcycle exited the highway to the left and entered into the grassy gore area between the northbound and southbound exits.
Due to traveling at a high rate of speed, the motorcycle caught air as it went down the hill. It tumbled several times before coming to a stop. The motorcyclist died at the scene, despite wearing a helmet and other protective gear.
The identify of the victim was not released.
- SLC police arrest driver after fatal motorcycle crash
- Soda Springs crash kills motorcyclist from West Point, Utah
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- More than 3,400 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Is illness or poor air quality causing that cough?