One dead in Salt Lake County motorcycle crash
SALT LAKE CITY — A motorcycle crash Friday night in Salt Lake County claimed one life.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the crash occurred eastbound on SR-201 at Redwood Road just before 8 p.m.
The motorcyclist attempted to take the right split to go southbound on Redwood Road. However, the motorcycle exited the highway to the left and entered into the grassy gore area between the northbound and southbound exits.
Due to traveling at a high rate of speed, the motorcycle caught air as it went down the hill. It tumbled several times before coming to a stop. The motorcyclist died at the scene, despite wearing a helmet and other protective gear.
The identify of the victim was not released.
- SLC police arrest driver after fatal motorcycle crash
- Soda Springs crash kills motorcyclist from West Point, Utah
Today’s Top Stories
- Police now have persons of interest in Moab double murder case
- UDOH is changing prioritization process for COVID-19 symptom treatments
- UPDATE: Wrong way car crash on Bangerter Highway results in death of 19-year-old
- UPDATED: Utah House overturns Salt Lake, Summit county mask mandates
- FBI says Brian Laundrie took responsibility for Gabby Petito’s murder
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Moab Police get digital evidence possibly connected to double murder
- BREAKING: Gun in shooting outside Hunter High purchased in Utah in 2013
- Trial still on track despite attorney removal in Lori Vallow Daybell case