SLC police arrest driver after fatal motorcycle crash
SALT LAKE CITY — A man has been arrested by the Salt Lake City police after a fatal motorcycle crash.
Wilhelm Heider, 26, was booked into the Salt Lake County jail for investigation of negligent automobile homicide while driving under the influence.
Late Wednesday night, Salt Lake City police were notified about a crash involving car and a motorcycle near 900 South and 300 West.
During the investigation, police concluded a motorcyclist had died after colliding with Heider’s car. Police allege the car hit the biker as the driver pulled out of a parking lot and onto 300 West.
Investigators say Heider’s blood alcohol level registered 0.129% or more than twice the legal limit in Utah of 0.05%.
- Orem police pull man from burning car after it goes off overpass, driver will be booked for DUI
- Slow speed chase begins as DUI stop ends with arrest in Millcreek
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?