SLC police arrest driver after fatal motorcycle crash
SALT LAKE CITY — A man has been arrested by the Salt Lake City police after a fatal motorcycle crash.
Wilhelm Heider, 26, was booked into the Salt Lake County jail for investigation of negligent automobile homicide while driving under the influence.
Late Wednesday night, Salt Lake City police were notified about a crash involving car and a motorcycle near 900 South and 300 West.
During the investigation, police concluded a motorcyclist had died after colliding with Heider’s car. Police allege the car hit the biker as the driver pulled out of a parking lot and onto 300 West.
Investigators say Heider’s blood alcohol level registered 0.129% or more than twice the legal limit in Utah of 0.05%.
- Orem police pull man from burning car after it goes off overpass, driver will be booked for DUI
- Slow speed chase begins as DUI stop ends with arrest in Millcreek
Today’s Top Stories
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio