A fire in South Ogden causes about $500,000 in damage
OGDEN, Utah — A fire in South Ogden caused about half a million dollars in damage Saturday night. Two condominiums burned at 864 and 866 East 5500 South, however no residents were injured.
The fire department says one of the condos was fully involved when they arrived on the scene just after 11:00 p.m., on Saturday.
Fire officials say they were able to rescue two cats but a couple of pets did not make it out of the blaze.
According to authorities six different agencies and 32 firemen were required to battle the fire in South Ogden.
Two firefighters suffered injuries. One had an ankle injury and the other was a case of dehydration.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes ‘boom’ that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- CONFIRMED: The noise was a sonic boom, 80 miles from SLC
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- CEO and President of Intermountain Healthcare announces resignation
- Police arrest suspect in West Valley hit-and-run that killed 11-year-old boy
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- Alpine School District restricts 52 library books
- Some Utah areas see slight drop in drought levels
- Authorities identify suspect who attacked author Salman Rushdie at western New York event
- Delivery truck crashed into four parked cars, Salt Lake City Police say