OGDEN, Utah — A fire in South Ogden caused about half a million dollars in damage Saturday night. Two condominiums burned at 864 and 866 East 5500 South, however no residents were injured.
The fire department says one of the condos was fully involved when they arrived on the scene just after 11:00 p.m., on Saturday.
Fire officials say they were able to rescue two cats but a couple of pets did not make it out of the blaze.
According to authorities six different agencies and 32 firemen were required to battle the fire in South Ogden.
Two firefighters suffered injuries. One had an ankle injury and the other was a case of dehydration.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Rob Bishop suddenly resigns from Utah Redistricting Commission
- Extreme couponers were sent to prison in $31.8 million fraud scheme
- Utah app “pirate” turns out to be wanted man from Indiana
- 4 African lions at Utah’s Hogle Zoo test positive for COVID-19 Delta Variant
- $24 billion in goods is floating outside California’s biggest ports
- Great Salt Lake dust could be toxic, bad for snow season
- Ogden police investigating death of 41-year-old man
- Hospitals in need of crutches/canes across Utah, donations needed
- Police: 2 die, 4 injured in Idaho mall shooting
- Logan coffee shop offers help to those experiencing mental health crisis