A fire in South Ogden causes about $500,000 in damage
OGDEN, Utah — A fire in South Ogden caused about half a million dollars in damage Saturday night. Two condominiums burned at 864 and 866 East 5500 South, however no residents were injured.
The fire department says one of the condos was fully involved when they arrived on the scene just after 11:00 p.m., on Saturday.
Fire officials say they were able to rescue two cats but a couple of pets did not make it out of the blaze.
According to authorities six different agencies and 32 firemen were required to battle the fire in South Ogden.
Two firefighters suffered injuries. One had an ankle injury and the other was a case of dehydration.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital