Basement of Kaysville home damaged by fire
KAYSVILLE, Utah — Crews from four fire departments responded to a fire at a home in Kaysville Sunday afternoon.
The fire was in the basement of a home located at 400 W. and Burton Ln.
At about 12:15 p.m., first responders received a call about smoke coming from the home. When crews arrived at the scene, the basement had flames coming out the basement windows at the front of the house.
It took crews about 45 minutes to put the fire out. Unfortunately, the house suffered major damage in the basement. And a family pet died in the fire.
The fire is still under investigation. No individuals at the residence were injured in the fire. However, one firefighter suffered a heat-related illness. The first responder was transported to the hospital for treatment, and has since been released.
Crews from Kaysville, Layton, Farmington and the North Davis Fire District responded to the fire.
- Woman arrested, accused in string of Kaysville arson fires
- Police investigate burning of Pride Flag as possible hate crime in Kaysville
- Kaysville is hiring for a public safety therapist
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Members of the council explain the Salt Lake County library tax
- Multiple factors combined to stop NB-15 traffic overnight, lanes back open