SALT LAKE CITY — A 65-year-old male from West Valley City died in a crash on I-215 in the early minutes of Saturday morning.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the man was driving a Ford F-150 south on 1-215 when he crashed into the left concrete barrier at 12:49 a.m. The truck slid along the barrier for a ways before coming to a stop.
Once the vehicle came to a stop, the UHP says the driver got out of the vehicle and walked into path of traffic. He was struck by a Chevy Express Van. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The UHP says witnesses reported seeing the man walk into traffic.
Troopers on scene also suspect the victim may have been intoxicated. The UHP reports there were alcohol containers were found in the truck.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Arches ranger remembers warning Gabby Petito about toxic relationship
- The search for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, resumes today in the Carlton…
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- Law enforcement expert worries Moab’s investigation into Petito incident may be too narrow
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
- FBI: Remains found in Wyoming belong to Gabby Petito
- Utah National Guard soldier dies in training exercises in Kentucky
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab plans to investigate police interaction with Gabby Petito, fiancé