A cyclist in Roy is in critical condition after being run over multiple times
ROY, Utah — A cyclist is in critical condition after being hit multiple times by an elderly woman pulling out of a parking lot.
Officer Hackworth said an adult male got off a UTA bus and was heading south on the sidewalk near 5500 South 3500 West yesterday at 8:20 am. At the same time an elderly woman was exiting the parking lot of a supermarket.
Hackworth said the woman stated she didn’t know what she had hit but couldn’t see anything. So, she backed up — hitting the man again.
“A total of three times forward and three times back, the woman hit either the bicycle or him,” said Murphy. He said the police recorded the store video on their body cams.
Zeb Murphy, the general manager of Warrens in West Roy, says he arrived at work at 8:25 am to find the entrance to his store completely blocked by police, fire trucks and an ambulance. He says his store’s camera recorded the accident.
Officer Hackworth said the driver doesn’t appear to be have been impaired at the time of the accident. The crash is still under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- Child dies after hit and run in West Valley
- One man dead after shooting in Draper early Thursday morning
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah business Lions Not Sheep responds to FTC fraud claims
- Breeze Airways announces additional flights out of Provo Airport
- Sportsmanship exemplified in grace of Little League batter
- Video shows chaotic scene of American Fork burglary suspect fleeing Walmart parking lot,…
- Wall Street Journal: Informant tipped off investigators about more documents at Mar-a-Lago
- US unemployment claims rise by 14,000 to 262,000