ROY, Utah — A cyclist is in critical condition after being hit multiple times by an elderly woman pulling out of a parking lot.
Officer Hackworth said an adult male got off a UTA bus and was heading south on the sidewalk near 5500 South 3500 West yesterday at 8:20 am. At the same time an elderly woman was exiting the parking lot of a supermarket.
Hackworth said the woman stated she didn’t know what she had hit but couldn’t see anything. So, she backed up — hitting the man again.
“A total of three times forward and three times back, the woman hit either the bicycle or him,” said Murphy. He said the police recorded the store video on their body cams.
Zeb Murphy, the general manager of Warrens in West Roy, says he arrived at work at 8:25 am to find the entrance to his store completely blocked by police, fire trucks and an ambulance. He says his store’s camera recorded the accident.
Officer Hackworth said the driver doesn’t appear to be have been impaired at the time of the accident. The crash is still under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Bountiful City crews working on main waterline break
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home
- A motorcyclist is dead after crashing in West Jordan