Fire burning at old Diamond Lil’s, set for destruction on Sunday
SALT LAKE CITY — Fire crews continue to work a large fire at 1528 W. North Temple in Salt Lake City this morning.
Salt Lake City Fire Captain Tony Stowe confirmed to KSL that the fire is burning in the vacant Diamond Lil’s building, which was scheduled for destruction on Sunday.
There are no injuries or fatalities related to this fire at this time, and a cause is still under investigation.
— Salt Lake City Fire Department (@slcfire) September 25, 2021
In a tweet, Salt Lake City Police said they are assisting firefighters with traffic mitigation in the area. They are asking the public to avoid the area of 1500 W. and North Temple.
Our officers are assisting with road closures in the area of this fire. We are asking the community to please avoid the area so @slcfire can work safely and free of vehicle/pedestrian traffic. All other information will be released by @slcfire. #slc #SaltLakeCity #Utah https://t.co/k17WGN245K pic.twitter.com/jH3G5MrNyy
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) September 25, 2021
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- Child dies after hit and run in West Valley
- One man dead after shooting in Draper early Thursday morning
- Utah Attorney General asks for permission to appeal trigger law injunction
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Canyons School District starting the year with a teacher and staff shortage
- Feds removed documents from Mar-a-Lago in June with grand jury subpoena
- Utah business Lions Not Sheep responds to FTC fraud claims
- Two Tooele houses struck by lightning in yesterday’s storm
- Breeze Airways announces additional flights out of Provo Airport