AMERICAN FORK, Utah — On Monday the Alpine School District reported that their investigation into posters on a school bus had concluded and that “the driver involved is no longer an employee of Alpine School District.” KSL Newsradio’s previous reporting follows.
AMERICAN FORK, Utah — Parents of students in Alpine School District are outraged after finding propaganda inside a school bus.
The flyers contain religious statements and conservative memes, and talking points from conservative organizations like Turning Point USA.
In a statement by the Alpine School District Public Information Office, the district learned about the incident on Friday and removed the flyers off the bus immediately.
David Stephenson, the executive director of external relations and communications said: “Although I can’t comment specifically on personnel issues, I can confirm that an investigation and appropriate action have taken place.”
This comes a month after a teacher from the Alpine School District in Lehi was fired after making comments to students in her class about her hatred for former President Donald Trump and COVID-19.
This story will be updated when new information is available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Bountiful City crews working on main waterline break
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home
- BYU Cougars no longer ranked among top college football teams