KSL Sports, NewsRadio announce new Utah Jazz partnership
SALT LAKE CITY — KSL is partnering with the Utah Jazz to become the radio home of the team.
The Utah Jazz and Bonneville International Corporation announced a partnership Thursday, shifting day-day-day operations management of The Zone Sports Network to KSL Sports, under the Bonneville umbrella.
The partnership creates a powerhouse for fans and will bring Utah Jazz games and the rest of The Zone’s lineup to more fans across the state.
New partnership creates Utah sports powerhouse
The Zone Sports Network (1280 AM/97.5 FM) will continue to broadcast all Jazz games and will be joined in a simulcast on KSL NewsRadio (1160 AM/102.7 FM) for a select number of regular-season games as well as all potential Jazz playoff games.
“Bonneville is proud to partner with the Utah Jazz, and we are grateful for the trust the Jazz have placed in us with their radio assets,” said Darrell Brown, president of Bonneville International Corp. “Our two companies are uniquely aligned, sharing deep roots in Utah and a focus on serving local audiences with a commitment to high-quality content and operations. We look forward to bringing The Zone Sports Network together with KSL NewsRadio, KSL TV, and KSLSports.com to create a new Utah sports powerhouse.”
Utah Jazz join legacy sports on KSL
This historic partnership completes an all-star line-up of sports across KSL properties: KSL NewsRadio is the radio home for BYU football and basketball, KSLSports.com is the exclusive streaming partner for RSL and high school sports, and KSL TV is Utah’s place to watch the NFL and the Olympics.
“Our radio and streaming alignment with the KSL platform for Utah Jazz games is a tremendous opportunity to bring our team to more fans over a much larger broadcast footprint,” said Jim Olson, president of the Utah Jazz. “The Zone has been the top-rated sports radio station in the market, and this partnership with KSL’s digital assets, equipment and experience will only further enhance the listening experience for Jazz and sports fans.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- US added a strong 517,000 jobs in January despite Fed hikes