Officials searching for missing hiker at Zion National Park
SPRINGDALE, Utah — Officials at Zion National Park continued their search Friday for a missing hiker.
John Fiske Burg, 79, has been missing since Tuesday, Sept. 28 at the La Quinta hotel in Kanab around 7 a.m.
He had been staying at the La Quinta hotel with 50 other hikers. According to authorities, Burg had stated that he had a desire to hike the Canyon Overlook Trail.
Search for missing hiker focused on popular Zion trail
Burg is 5-foot-9-inches and 220 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes, with no facial hair. Authorities say he may be wearing a light yellow shirt, with a backpack and shorts.
His car was discovered at the trailhead of the Canyon Overlook Trail. According to authorities, it is not known when Burg arrived at the location.
As a result, the Overlook Trail and Pine Creek Canyon remain closed as authorities continue their search.
Authorities are asking for the assistance of the public in locating Burg. If you have information on where Burg is, you are asked to call (888) 653-0009.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- 5th Utahn arrested for participation in Jan. 6 riot at Capitol
- How to keep the smoke from getting in your house
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- One person killed in three-vehicle accident in Kaysville
- Olympic luge champ Natalie Geisenberger expecting 2nd baby
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted