Missing father and sons, lost while off-roading, found safe
May 17, 2021, 2:34 PM
TOOELE, Utah — A father and his two young sons are safe today after they went missing in the Knolls area of remote Tooele County over the weekend.
Tooele County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Paul Wimmer said the trio went off-roading on Saturday, and ran out of gas.
“There’d been a dust storm,” Wimmer said, “so family was very concerned of where they were, and if they were in trouble.”
A call went out on Facebook from UTV Utah Info, a community organization that creates rides and functions for off-highway vehicles, asking for help finding the man and his sons.
Searchers found motorcycles belonging to the missing father and sons Sunday morning. Later, they located the trio, more than 50 miles away from where they started their ride. The Tooele County Sheriff’s Office said the group was dehydrated and likely had become disoriented.
- Heart of Utah: Extreme Motus including people of all abilities on the adventure
- ATV side-by-side accident leads to death of teen near St. George
- Search and rescue teams locate bodies of West Valley City brothers missing on Utah Lake
- Missing Farmington woman found safe after a night in mountains
- Couple rescued on Castleton-Gateway Road in Grand County
- Mount Timpanogos hikers, rescued Monday, were in great danger