Missing hiker at Zion National Park found safe
SPRINGDALE, Utah — Zion National Park officials announced Saturday that missing hiker John Fiske Burg has been found safe above Lodge Canyon.
According to park officials, he was located Saturday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. He was treated on scene and then transported to an area hospital for additional medical treatment.
Burg had not been seen since the morning of Sept. 28 at the La Quinta hotel in Kanab. He had been staying there with 50 other hikers. Burg had made it clear he wanted to hike the Canyon Overlook Trail.
On Friday afternoon, Burg was able to make a 911 call to Washington County. He was also able to call and leave a voice message with his family. The phone calls provided search and rescue crews with the ability target specific areas in their search for him.
- Officials searching for missing hiker at Zion National Park
- A popular Zion National Park trail could soon move to reservations only
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- The Queen Center
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort