A wild pursuit in Davis County lands a man in jail
LAYTON, Utah — A wild pursuit through Davis County Saturday afternoon has landed one man in jail.
According to Sgt. Felion of the Layton City Police Department, the pursuit began around 1:30 p.m. when the man, in his early 30s, stole a vehicle from Young Chevrolet in Layton.
A pursuit of the stolen vehicle initially began. However, it was soon called off.
“He did reach some excessive speeds,” Sgt. Felion said. “Which is why officers backed off and shut down their lights.”
The suspect was followed by an air unit for the majority of the pursuit, according to Sgt. Felion.
A short time later, the suspect was located in Farmington. However, he rammed his vehicle into a Utah Highway Patrol cruiser. The officer was not hurt in the incident, according to Sgt. Felion.
The pursuit then returned to Layton, and ended in Syracuse where the suspect was taken into custody.
No additional information was available.
- Legacy Fire flares up and seen across Davis County
- BREAKING: Plane crash in Davis County, three people dead
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Police activate endangered missing advisory for 18-month-old boy
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- Man fatally shoots self after crashing car into barricade near US Capitol Building
- Teen missing from Layton found safe in Salt Lake City
- Fire season has arrived in Utah, fueled by a wet winter