A wild pursuit in Davis County lands a man in jail
LAYTON, Utah — A wild pursuit through Davis County Saturday afternoon has landed one man in jail.
According to Sgt. Felion of the Layton City Police Department, the pursuit began around 1:30 p.m. when the man, in his early 30s, stole a vehicle from Young Chevrolet in Layton.
A pursuit of the stolen vehicle initially began. However, it was soon called off.
“He did reach some excessive speeds,” Sgt. Felion said. “Which is why officers backed off and shut down their lights.”
The suspect was followed by an air unit for the majority of the pursuit, according to Sgt. Felion.
A short time later, the suspect was located in Farmington. However, he rammed his vehicle into a Utah Highway Patrol cruiser. The officer was not hurt in the incident, according to Sgt. Felion.
The pursuit then returned to Layton, and ended in Syracuse where the suspect was taken into custody.
No additional information was available.
- Legacy Fire flares up and seen across Davis County
- BREAKING: Plane crash in Davis County, three people dead
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon