North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah — North Salt Lake police are investigating a car chase Saturday that left one person dead and sent three others to the hospital.
According to Sgt. Mitch Gwilliam with North Salt Lake police, authorities received a call around noon of a driver driving erratically in the Rose Park area. Witnesses told police there were two adult males in the vehicle passing a bottle of alcohol back and forth.
Police attempted to stop the vehicle in the area of U.S. Highway 89 and Center Street. However, the vehicle fled into Salt Lake City.
Once in Salt Lake City, the car crashed into another automobile, that was not involved in the incident. The crash occurred in the area of 1200 West and 500 North.
According to authorities, there were two females in the vehicle that was struck. One individual died from her injuries sustained in the collision. The second female was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The individuals in the suspect vehicle were two males. Both of whom were transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The cause of the incident is still under investigation. However, authorities did say DUI is suspected, but not confirmed. Police did find alcohol bottles at the scene.
In addition to North Salt Lake police, Woods Cross police, Davis County Sheriff’s Office and Salt Lake City police also responded to the incident.
Additional information will be provided when it becomes available.
- American Fork police, others, arrest suspect after officer-involved shooting and car chase
- Miles-long car chase began after possible sexual assault and kidnapping
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”