North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah — North Salt Lake police are investigating a car chase Saturday that left one person dead and sent three others to the hospital.
According to Sgt. Mitch Gwilliam with North Salt Lake police, authorities received a call around noon of a driver driving erratically in the Rose Park area. Witnesses told police there were two adult males in the vehicle passing a bottle of alcohol back and forth.
Police attempted to stop the vehicle in the area of U.S. Highway 89 and Center Street. However, the vehicle fled into Salt Lake City.
Once in Salt Lake City, the car crashed into another automobile, that was not involved in the incident. The crash occurred in the area of 1200 West and 500 North.
According to authorities, there were two females in the vehicle that was struck. One individual died from her injuries sustained in the collision. The second female was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The individuals in the suspect vehicle were two males. Both of whom were transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The cause of the incident is still under investigation. However, authorities did say DUI is suspected, but not confirmed. Police did find alcohol bottles at the scene.
In addition to North Salt Lake police, Woods Cross police, Davis County Sheriff’s Office and Salt Lake City police also responded to the incident.
Additional information will be provided when it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Black Layton football player punished after being called a racial slur
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- Diplomatic boycott doesn’t change Salt Lake City’s bid for future winter games
- What you need to know about the 2022 Sundance Film Festival and COVID-19
- Dropping ‘Big Lie’ a good first step toward compromise, says former Arizona senator
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?
- Chad Hayman, Tremonton Police Department
- Second officer released from hospital after shooting in West Valley City