Pair of Silver Alerts issued Saturday evening
Update: 8 p.m. Oct. 16, 2021
The Silver Alert for John Nichols has been canceled.
Our previous reporting
CLARKSTON, Utah — Authorities in northern Utah issued a Silver Alert Saturday evening for a missing man from Clarkston.
John Z. Nichols, 66, is 5 feet, 11 inches and 225 pounds. He has white hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing blue pants and a heavy navy blue jacket.
Nichols was last seen Saturday afternoon at 69 East and 100 North at 3:30 p.m.
Authorities say there was an argument at the residence earlier Saturday. Authorities also say Nichols would be on foot as he has no access to a vehicle.
According to police, Nichols has a history of depression. He also has Alzheimer’s and diabetes.
Police also note that Nichols usually carries a pocket knife, and a firearm is missing from the residence.
If you have information, call 435-753-7555.
A second Silver Alert issued
CARBON COUNTY, Utah — Authorities in Carbon County issued a Silver Alert Saturday evening for a 76-year-old man from Helper.
Richard Wayne Cormani is 5 feet, 5 inches and 210 pounds. He has gray hair and blue eyes.
He was last seen on the afternoon of Oct. 2. He was last seen at 75 D Street in Helper.
Authorities say he left his home in a car.
If you have information, call 435-637-0890.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Black Layton football player punished after being called a racial slur
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- New US travel rules: What you need to know about the changes prompted by Omicron
- Car carrying infant involved in overnight road rage shooting on SR 201
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- A North Carolina man accidentally bought 2 identical lottery tickets — and won 2 jackpots
- White House announces US diplomatic boycott of 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing
- Could this be the week that snow arrives in Utah?
- A man jumped out of taxiing airplane at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport