Pair of Silver Alerts issued Saturday evening
Update: 8 p.m. Oct. 16, 2021
The Silver Alert for John Nichols has been canceled.
Our previous reporting
CLARKSTON, Utah — Authorities in northern Utah issued a Silver Alert Saturday evening for a missing man from Clarkston.
John Z. Nichols, 66, is 5 feet, 11 inches and 225 pounds. He has white hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing blue pants and a heavy navy blue jacket.
Nichols was last seen Saturday afternoon at 69 East and 100 North at 3:30 p.m.
Authorities say there was an argument at the residence earlier Saturday. Authorities also say Nichols would be on foot as he has no access to a vehicle.
According to police, Nichols has a history of depression. He also has Alzheimer’s and diabetes.
Police also note that Nichols usually carries a pocket knife, and a firearm is missing from the residence.
If you have information, call 435-753-7555.
A second Silver Alert issued
CARBON COUNTY, Utah — Authorities in Carbon County issued a Silver Alert Saturday evening for a 76-year-old man from Helper.
Richard Wayne Cormani is 5 feet, 5 inches and 210 pounds. He has gray hair and blue eyes.
He was last seen on the afternoon of Oct. 2. He was last seen at 75 D Street in Helper.
Authorities say he left his home in a car.
If you have information, call 435-637-0890.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- Transgender girls can compete in Utah with commission approval after judge pauses ban
- 300 W., North Temple intersection closed after crash involving UTA bus
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- July’s unemployment remains steady
- ‘Multiple casualties’ reported after two planes collide over California airport,…
- Taylorsville police release details on suspected murder-suicide