The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces location of Ephraim temple
EPHRAIM, Utah — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released the location of the upcoming Ephraim Utah temple today.
“The temple will be built on a 9.16-acre site located at the intersection of 200 North and 400 East in Ephraim, Utah. Plans call for a three-story temple of approximately 39,000 square feet,” said Christopher Moore, media relations manager from the church.
More comprehensive plans and renderings for the interior of the temple will be made public in the future.
“Groundbreaking dates have not been set. Project leaders will soon start working with city officials in these locations on preliminary plans for the temples,” continued Christopher Moore.
The plans for the temple were announced in May 2021 by Church President Russell M. Nelson.
Information about the Ephraim temple location and more can be found on the church newsroom website.
- Heber Valley among locations announced for new temples Sunday
- Renovating a pioneer temple: Inside the process of updating the Salt Lake Temple
- First Presidency urge masks be worn at all times in temples
- Leavitt named as new president of the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Citing ‘dangerously low’ overnight temps, county opens emergency shelter
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?