Body of 13-year-old boy recovered from Fish Lake
SEVIER COUNTY, Utah — Rescuers in Sevier County recovered the body of the 13-year-old boy who went missing while on a fishing trip on Friday.
On Friday Sevier County Sherrif’s office started looking for the boy after the boat he was in capsized. The teen was with his father on a fishing trip when the incident happened.
The father was rescued Friday and treated for hypothermia.
The body was rescued late Saturday with the help of the Utah DPS dive team and the Utah State Parks.
The father has been identified as 36-year-old Christopher Winslow from Cedar City, the son’s identity has not yet been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”